It’s finally starting to warm up outside which means Summer is right around the corner! Here are some useful tips for keeping your energy bills down this Spring and Summer! It’s all much more simple than you’d think!
We’re happy to welcome our New Service Manager, Jamie, to the team! With years of customer service in his belt, Jamie is ready to help you schedule your appointment with Funk Electrical Services.
We’re back at it again! We’re giving away a $15 gift card to one of our favorite spots in town, Sheetz! Get shnack wrap, some shwings, a shmuffin, or whatever your hungry self desires!
You can do all of the entry options, or just one! The more you do, the more chances you’ll get. Enter below and share with your friends. Ends Saturday 3/14 at 11:59pm. Must be 18 years old to enter!
Energy costs have been going up over the past several years, and it’s plain to see that it can have a long-term effect on income. Using the tips below, your business will surely be on its way to saving money and saving energy!
5 Ways to Save Energy at Your Business
- Switch from incandescent bulbs to CFLs: This is a small change that can save you a lot of money the second you install them. CFL bulbs can be slightly more expensive, but it will save you a lot of money in the long term.
- Set computers to sleep after a period of inactivity: If every computer used by your employees is set to sleep or hibernate after, say, 30 minutes of inactivity, it can save up to $150 annually per computer!
- Opt for efficient heating and cooling: Heating and cooling are the majority of energy costs, so make sure to install up-to-date heating/cooling and use this simple energy-saving rule: set the thermostat two degrees warmer than you normally would during the warm months, and to two degrees colder than you would in the cooler months! (Need to update/replace your current heating and/or cooling system? Contact us!)
- Remember to change HVAC filters often It is best to change these every month during the hottest and coldest seasons. New filters can be cheap and will save you a lot of money and energy, as your heating/cooling equipment won’t be overworking itself. This will also increase air quality inside the building.
- Set timers on lights and heating/cooling: If no one is in a room, it’s common sense to turn off the light. However, this can be difficult to remember if you have a long list of tasks to complete for the day. Install timers on lights in rooms that aren’t being constantly used so the lights turn off after a certain period on inactivity. Also, what’s the sense in heating or cooling your business when no one is in there? Set a timer on the thermostat so you’re not wasting valuable energy.
We are so excited to announce that we’re now banner sponsors of the Washington County Tractor Pullers Association.
Tractor Pulls are a big hit at our local Ag center. With great local pullers like our friends at Moore Motorsports, the events are a fun way to spend family time together and support the community!
Be sure to look for the Funk Electrical Services logo on the 2015 Washington County Tractor Pullers Association Banner!
With all the hustle and bustle of the busy holiday season, it can be easy to forget that decorations, lights, trees and even wrapped gifts can become hazardous. However, these hazards can be easily prevented. With the following tips, you’ll be sure to have a safe and pleasant holiday experience!